In Part 1 of So You Wanna Be a Podcaster, John Lee Dumas, entrepreneur, author, and host of EOFire, shares his personal tips and tricks to help you become the next podcast success story.
JLD’s tips aren’t just for budding podcasters but anyone who wants to take that first (or next) step toward entrepreneurship and living that life you’ve always dreamed of.
I know I will win if I do do it, and lose if I don’t. That makes the decision easy for me. – JLD
Summary: Hear how John Lee Dumas started EOFire, a daily podcast where he interviews guests 7 days a week, and how he now he made almost a half million dollars last month alone. EOFire has featured incredible Entrepreneurs such as Tony Robbins, Seth Godin, Gary Vaynerchuk, Barbara Corcoran, Tim Ferriss, Brian Tracy, and over 1500 others.
Be bold and stand for something and really crush that category. – JLD
- How John started EOFire out of necessity, when he searched for a daily podcast interviewing successful entrepreneurs couldn’t find one
- How he said goodbye to commuter life and working in corporate America
- How he launched EO FIRE
- Why you should obliterate your comfort zone and how all that magic happens outside of it!
- How to earn trust with your listeners
- Why it’s important to “Be bold and stand for something!”
- The important question to ask yourself: “What is the game that I can win at?”
- How to know what you have to offer and how to balance out what you don’t.
- Why it’s important to find a niche and then niche again
- What it takes to create and build a successful business
- Why it’s important to remember that people will not find you and listen to you. You need to find them!