With two #1 Comedy Central specials to his credit, comedian and transformational speaker Kyle Cease is a keynote speaker, igniting audiences through his unique blend of comedy and personal evolution. He has been a guest speaker at colleges, summits, and Fortune 500 conferences, including Agape International, GATE, Revelations, the Sun Valley Wellness Festival, Sedona World Wisdom Days, and the Longevity Now Conference. In addition to leading his own live events, he has spoken with renowned teachers like Eckhart Tolle, Jim Carrey, Michael Beckwith, Louis C.K., Tony Robbins, Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson, Louie Anderson, and David Wolfe. In 2009, he earned a #1 ranking on Comedy Central’s Stand-up Showdown. He has made more than 100 different TV and movie appearances, including 10 Things I Hate About You, Not Another Teen Movie, Jimmy Kimmel Live, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Chelsea Lately, The Martin Short Show, Comics Unleashed, and numerous VH1 shows.
In this episode, we talk:
- Why and how Kyle separates his personal self from the book when it comes to success
- How Kyle’s unique family comes into play when it comes to creativity and innovation
- What Kyle realized about himself during a dark several days alone in a hotel room
- The real reason we get nervous and how to work through it
- How it’s important to not believe you’ll be happy when things happen but that when you are happy, things will happen for you—right now
- The one thing we must do first before we can understand “how”
- How to release our own past stories and enjoy infinite creative confident ideas.
- What Kyle means when he says “No human being can break your heart, but break your expectations”
- How it’s impossible to live in the now if you have expectations
After 25 years of achieving what he thought were his dreams of being a headlining touring comedian and actor, Kyle Cease suddenly discovered that the belief “When something happens, I will be happy” is a complete lie. With nothing more than an intuition, he decided to quit his standup career at its peak, and now—as a transformational comedian, he brings his one-of-a-kind self-help wisdom to sold-out audiences in his Evolving Out Loud Live stage show.
In I Hope I Screw This Up: How Falling In Love with Your Fears Can Change the World, Kyle Cease disarms readers as he leads them to their own personal breakthroughs, helping them to recognize that actual happiness and fulfillment is available to them—not in some distant future, but right now. As he has shown audiences all over the world, when you embrace your pain, fear, and vulnerability instead of pushing it away, you will discover an authentic creativity and power that is truly unstoppable.
Using self-deprecating personal stories, hilarious observations on life, and poorly drawn illustrations, Kyle unravels the deepest issues standing between us and emotional freedom. From discovering the never-ending opportunities that come from playing—and going with whatever comes up in the moment, to learning to let go of what feels heavy in our lives, this book is a journey into the endless possibility that can appear if we just dare to let go of our fear of screwing up.
This is not motivation. This is not inspiration. This is true transformation.